Georgia has recently launched a new incentive, which offers 20-25% cash rebate of qualifying film production expenditure in Georgia.
The program offers 20% of reimbursement of the minimum 300,000 GEL spent for Short, Documentary, Reality Show, TV commercial, and music Videos.
For Feature-length films reimbursement of 20% is minimum 500,000 Gel. In addition 2-5% can be applied if the final product includes promotional elements of Georgia and meets the so-called “Cultural test”.
- Open for legal entities registered in Georgia
- Open to applications for feature film, TV film, TV series or mini-series (pilot episodes are eligible), animation, documentary films, commercial, reality show, music video.
- At least 50% of the total production budget should be in place upon application
- Rebateable expenses must be directly related to the filmmaking process.
- Production in Georgia must be completed within 24 months after acceptance to the rebate program.